Thursday, September 23, 2010

Improv #2

 I felt that the improvisation outside gave me a wider variety to change my movements with the objects around me. I was able to interact more through the space with all the different sizes,shapes and structures there were. Not being able to listen to music was some what challenging, but I found a way to just let myself move with the sounds around me. Also with being in a larger space it was different to view the other dancers from afar or mimic there movement. There were moments when I pretended I could go through the structures or bricks around me. When we were asked to be watched you felt as if you wanted to perform your movements differently or stronger, to be able to really observe the other person and try to understand there movement and why they were doing it. I really enjoyed the improv today because it felt like being free and not always dancing in one room or four walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment