Sunday, September 19, 2010

IMPROV

 I love to dance improvisation. it gives you the freedom to dance in any way shape or form. We learned about using near space, mid-reach and far space. I was able to explore the different elements of the space all around me. Being able to use a partner helped a lot because I got to dance around his energy and let us interfere with each others space. Me and my partner explored crossing throughout the movement, also whenever we mimicked each other it was a challenge because I wasn't sure of what he was going to do next, it was all on simply looking and following his every move. I really liked the thought of having paint on your hands so that whenever you were moving around in your space it felt like you didn't want to miss a spot as if you were in this big bubble around you that you could also go through. It made me more aware of my near far and mid-reach because I was wanting to look through what was closest around me. When we had to keep energy flowing with someone across the room and still dance and have a conversation with them was a challenge because, you could do it with so many people. I really enjoyed this assignment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment